Updated 16 September 2020
Only essential services and activities are being delivered on campus (observing the principle of social distancing).
Individual members of staff will be contacted by their line managers if they need to be on campus. As a general rule, staff and students cannot access University buildings (including their own offices).
Our approach to planning the return to campus
The planned phases for the return to campus are set out in an email sent to staff on 4 June
You can also find out about our building reopening process, the specific areas of buildings that are being prioritised, timescales we are working towards and the progress we’re making on our reopening buildings web page
Be aware there are some places on campus where you need to wear a face covering or mask. More information on face coverings is available here:: https://coronavirus.leeds.ac.uk/staff-advice/face-coverings/
Closures and other changes to service
- Computer clusters are closed.
- All sports facilities are reopening, more information can be found here: https://sport.leeds.ac.uk/facilities/reopening-information/
- The Print and Copy Bureau will be running a limited copying service (accessed online).
- Mail will not be delivered to individual buildings, and you should therefore avoid having important mail sent to the University.
- Catering facilities are opening in line with buildings across campus. More information is available at https://gfal.leeds.ac.uk/where-to-eat/opening-hours/ From 24 July, a face mask or covering must be worn to enter the Refectory or other University catering outlet.
- View our information for suppliers
The University’s Security Services are dedicated to providing staff, students and visitors with a safe, welcoming and secure environment. In order to ensure they can still provide face-to-face advice and support during the current coronavirus (covid-19) situation, they have introduced a WhatsApp video call service.
Video call 07876 866747 through WhatsApp to speak with an officer who will be able to assist you with whatever help and advice you need.
This service will be available 24/7, for anyone who needs it. If your situation is an emergency, please still dial 999 first and ring the Security Services on 0113 343 2222 afterwards if possible.
If you do need to see them in person, the Security Office at 175 Woodhouse Lane will still be remaining open as an essential service during this time.
Travel and car parking on campus
On 7 September, free parking on campus will end and a temporary permit system for staff will be introduced. Follow this guidance if you are working on campus and need a permit or if you hold an existing permit.
More information for staff on commuting and travel to campus, including planning your journey and University facilities, is also available.
The University Libraries are planning a phased reopening, while continuing to operate online services to support your studies and research.
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is currently working remotely.
- Staff: advice, training and guidance on IT security, systems to support working and data protection and home security is available on our working from home web page
- Students and PGRs: read about our systems for remote learning
Please log any requests or incidents through the IT website
Leeds University Union
- The LUU building is now closed and all support staff are working from home. The building is planned to reopen on 7 September 2020.
- LUU is changing its help and support services to allow it to continue to support students – offering a video advice service.
Access LUU support services at LUU coronavirus webpage
The Logik Centre is closed, all classes and appointments are cancelled.