Updated 21 July 2021
As the Government removes the legal restrictions around COVID-19, the University is cautiously relaxing its own expectations in line with central and local risk assessments, and in consultation with the recognised campus trade unions. As announced earlier in the year, the return to campus will be gradual, phased over the coming months.
We must continue to work together to stay safe and have updated information on the measures which will be implemented to keep us all safe.
Find out about building access on campus.
Services on campus
- Find out where you can study on campus
- See our information about library services and opening
- See our information about computer clusters
- The Refectory and a number of cafes are open on campus. Find out more on the Great Food at Leeds opening hours page.
- Sports facilities are open in line with the latest guidance. Find out the latest information about our sports facilities.
- Microsoft has now fixed the global security issue that was affecting printing, and MyPrint is now available again on campus. Unfortunately, some print services in the Faculty of Biological Sciences and part of the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (ex-MaPS areas) are still unavailable due to the age of the servers. We’re working to find an alternative solution for these areas. If you cannot use MyPrint, printing is still available from the Print and Mail Service (formerly PCB). Simply click the ‘staff’ tab from the Print and Mail Service homepage, which will take you through to the online print ordering system.
- Mail will not be delivered to individual buildings, and you should therefore avoid having important mail sent to the University.
- View our information about prayer spaces.
- View our information for suppliers
The University’s Security Services are dedicated to providing staff, students and visitors with a safe, welcoming and secure environment. In order to ensure they can still provide face-to-face advice and support during the current coronavirus (covid-19) situation, they have introduced a WhatsApp video call service.
Video call 07876 866747 through WhatsApp to speak with an officer who will be able to assist you with whatever help and advice you need. This service will be available 24/7, for anyone who needs it.
Travel and car parking on campus
Parking at the University is available for permit holders and pre-booked visitors only between 7am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Members of the Public can park outside of these hours but will have to pay a parking tariff.
All staff wishing to park on campus can register their car on the staff car parking page of the Estates Services website. Please note, this facility is only available to staff of the University of Leeds. You must be logged into the University’s network to access this system, and therefore if you are connecting from home you will need to log into the network via Virtual Windows Desktop
Students can park on campus for free outside of the normal hours (7am and 5pm Monday to Friday). However, must register their car with the University beforehand by emailing their vehicle registration details, from their University account, to CarParking@Leeds.ac.uk
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is currently working remotely.
- Staff: advice, training and guidance on IT security, systems to support working and data protection and home security is available on our working from home web page
- Students and PGRs: read about our systems for remote learning
Please log any requests or incidents through the IT website
Leeds University Union (LUU)
There have been some changes to the LUU building while asymptomatic testing is taking place on campus.
The Leeds University Union building is open at the moment, but not for study. The Co-op, Bubble Tea outlet and Help Desk are open for you, and you’ll be able to get answers to general questions and help if you need it. Find out more about how LUU is running.
The Logik Centre is closed, all classes and appointments are cancelled.