Updated 3 March 2021
The Government has updated its advice for students and the start of the spring term, read more in the arrangements for the spring term. Individual members of staff will be contacted by their line managers if they need to be on campus.
Be aware that during the period of further restrictions, there are also some changes to where you need to wear a face-covering or mask.
Find out about building access on campus.
Services on campus
- Find out where you can study on campus
- See our information about library services and opening.
- See our information about computer clusters.
- Sports facilities are making plans to reopen in line with Government guidance. Find out the latest information about our sports facilities.
- The Print and Copy Bureau is running a limited copying service (accessed online). To use it, first upload your printing requirements. When asked for a code, enter SILPSFAB and pick up your documents from PCB. There are also three MyPrint devices available in the Common Ground area of the Student Union building which you can use for printing.
- Mail will not be delivered to individual buildings, and you should therefore avoid having important mail sent to the University.
- Find out about our cafes’ and the Refectory’s opening hours. A face mask or covering must be worn to enter the Refectory or other University catering outlet.
- View our information about prayer spaces.
- View our information for suppliers
The University’s Security Services are dedicated to providing staff, students and visitors with a safe, welcoming and secure environment. In order to ensure they can still provide face-to-face advice and support during the current coronavirus (covid-19) situation, they have introduced a WhatsApp video call service.
Video call 07876 866747 through WhatsApp to speak with an officer who will be able to assist you with whatever help and advice you need.
This service will be available 24/7, for anyone who needs it. If your situation is an emergency, please still dial 999 first and ring the Security Services on 0113 343 2222 afterwards if possible.
If you do need to see them in person, the Security Office at 175 Woodhouse Lane will still be remaining open as an essential service during this time.
Travel and car parking on campus
The University is offering staff and students free parking on campus, at any time of the day, until the end of April. Before you can park on campus please ensure your car is registered for out of hours parking.
- Staff can do this on the staff car parking page of the Estates Services website. Please note, this facility is only available to staff of the University of Leeds. You must be logged into the University’s network to access this system, and therefore if you are connecting from home you will need to log into the network via Virtual Windows Desktop
- Students can register by emailing their vehicle registration details, from their University account, to CarParking@Leeds.ac.uk
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is currently working remotely.
- Staff: advice, training and guidance on IT security, systems to support working and data protection and home security is available on our working from home web page
- Students and PGRs: read about our systems for remote learning
Please log any requests or incidents through the IT website
Leeds University Union (LUU)
There have been some changes to the LUU building while asymptomatic testing is taking place on campus.
The Leeds University Union building is open at the moment, but not for study. The Co-op, Bubble Tea outlet and Help Desk are open for you, and you’ll be able to get answers to general questions and help if you need it. Find out more about how LUU is running.
The Logik Centre is closed, all classes and appointments are cancelled.