Updated 4 November 2020
Update on campus services during national restrictions from 5 November to 2 December
Face to face teaching arrangements (detailed in emails to staff and students on 25 September) will remain in place when national restrictions come into place from 5 November to 2 December. Individual members of staff will be contacted by their line managers if they need to be on campus.
Libraries, study spaces and clusters for students and postgraduate researchers will all continue to operate in the same way as before 5 November. Read the latest email to students about the national restrictions from 5 November.
Cafes on campus will remain open for take away services and the Refectory will continue to provide a seated service for students in catered halls and a study space for all students.
LUU’s building will remain open. All the study spaces will be available, including increased capacity created by adding seating in the Riley Smith theatre. Common Ground will operate a take-away service and the Co-op will remain open. LUU’s bars will close, as will Gear and Union Shop.
All sports and physical activity will close until 2 December, with the exception of those provided for elite or academic purposes.
Be aware that during the period of further restrictions, there are also some changes to where you need to wear a face covering or mask.
Find out about our building reopening process on our reopening buildings web page
Services on campus
- Find out where you can study on campus
- See our information about library services and opening.
- See our information about computer clusters.
- Find out which sports facilities are open.
- The Print and Copy Bureau will be running a limited copying service (accessed online).
- Mail will not be delivered to individual buildings, and you should therefore avoid having important mail sent to the University.
- Catering facilities are open (for takeaway service only from 5 November to 2 December) and the Refectory will continue to provide a seated service for students in catered halls and a study space for all students. A face mask or covering must be worn to enter the Refectory or other University catering outlet.
- View our information about prayer spaces.
- View our information for suppliers
The University’s Security Services are dedicated to providing staff, students and visitors with a safe, welcoming and secure environment. In order to ensure they can still provide face-to-face advice and support during the current coronavirus (covid-19) situation, they have introduced a WhatsApp video call service.
Video call 07876 866747 through WhatsApp to speak with an officer who will be able to assist you with whatever help and advice you need.
This service will be available 24/7, for anyone who needs it. If your situation is an emergency, please still dial 999 first and ring the Security Services on 0113 343 2222 afterwards if possible.
If you do need to see them in person, the Security Office at 175 Woodhouse Lane will still be remaining open as an essential service during this time.
Travel and car parking on campus
A temporary permit system for staff has been introduced. Follow this guidance if you are working on campus and need a permit or if you hold an existing permit. More information for staff on commuting and travel to campus, including planning your journey and University facilities, is also available. View our parking information for students.
The University Libraries are undergoing a phased reopening, while continuing to operate online services to support your studies and research.
IT Service Desk
The IT Service Desk is currently working remotely.
- Staff: advice, training and guidance on IT security, systems to support working and data protection and home security is available on our working from home web page
- Students and PGRs: read about our systems for remote learning
Please log any requests or incidents through the IT website
Leeds University Union (LUU)
The LUU building is open daily, from 8am, Monday to Friday and from 10am on Saturday and Sunday, with a range of food and drink (takeaway service only is available from 5 November to 2 December and bars will be closed). There is also an on-site Co-op and merchandise store. Shopping at the Co-op is also now available through Deliveroo. Please note a face covering is required in the LUU building and badges are available from Help and Support for those who are exempt.
LUU Help and Support is available seven days a week during term time, from 8am to 7pm, Monday to Friday and from 10am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. You can contact the team in person, by phone on 0113 3801 400 or email email@example.com.
A drop-in service The Yorkshire Cuppa is available every week day from 10am to 6pm in the Pyramid, offering advice and support, and a free hot drink from a team of volunteers.
The Logik Centre is closed, all classes and appointments are cancelled.