Update 5 June 2020 11.11am
Advice on coronavirus testing for University essential workers
Having reviewed the Government criteria, we expect that staff who are in receipt of the essential worker letter (and people who live with essential workers) fit the criteria, and can now choose to access priority coronavirus testing through www.gov.uk
If the test is negative for everyone in your household, you will then be available to go to work. If the response is positive, you will need to continue following the self-isolation requirements.
If you would like to access coronavirus testing please follow the process below.
If you are a staff member who is not categorised by the University as an essential worker, the advice remains the same. Please continue with the current requirement to work from home.
Process for essential workers to access priority coronavirus testing
- Tell your line manager that you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms and can no longer attend the site.
- If you decide to have the test, tell your line manager. Then complete the online form at www.gov.uk/apply-coronavirus-test-essential-workers , when you get to the section that requires you to select the category, we suggest you choose Education.
- If you do not have IT access please contact your line manager who can complete the online form on your behalf, and support you to follow the procedure identified by the Government. They will need you to provide specific information for yourself and any other household member that require the test. (If necessary line managers can contact HR managers for support on 0113 343 1249)
- When you get the result, inform your line manager of the outcome and agree the next steps. Read further details of the NHS Test and Trace system
- If the test is positive, the line manager should notify their Head of School/ Service who will notify Secretariat.