Updated 14 October 2020 4.40pm
Until September 2020 it is expected that the majority of staff will continue to work from home unless notified that they can come onto campus.
For staff notified that they can come on to campus the following safety measures are in place.
Before coming to campus
- You must be on the approved staff list for ongoing work or for one-off visits. One-off visits are authorised via Heads of School/Service and follow a carefully-managed procedure.
- Please talk to your line manager if you or your household are in more vulnerable groups.
- If you have any symptoms of coronavirus, do not come to campus. Follow NHS advice and inform your line manager.
- Please read information about accessing and safe use of the building you will be visiting, not all areas may be open and you may not be able to access your usual desk/space.
- Plan to limit your time on campus, for example consider if writing up experiments can be done at home.
- Children cannot be brought onto campus unless you are dropping off at Bright Beginnings (more on the nursery reopening plans are on the Bright Beginnings website) but please talk to your line manager if you need to discuss how to balance caring responsibilities.
- Bring food, snacks and drinks as campus services are currently limited.
- • If you are a first aider see the FAQs and extra guidance available.
While you’re on campus
We ask that our staff and student community work together to stay safe and follow our safety guidelines.
If you are a member of teaching staff please see our guidance for physical teaching.
We are increasing the fresh air ventilation rate to help dilute any airborne contamination and reduce the risk of exposure to the coronavirus for building users. Changes have been made to increase the fresh air provided to spaces where possible, this includes:
- Reviewing ventilation system provision and capability.
- Re-programming and checking all heating and ventilation systems.
- Providing 100% fresh air to spaces where practicable by avoiding recirculation of room air.
- Running ventilation systems at higher volumes of fresh air flow rates.
- Extending the operation of the ventilation systems by two hours at the start and end of each day.
- Extending the toilet extract ventilation operating times.
Room temperatures may be lower than normally experienced, and drafts may be more noticeable.
- Do open windows to improve ventilation.
- Do wear appropriate clothing.
- Don’t cover up ventilation supply and extract grilles.
- Thorough cleaning is part of the building re-opening process and you will see increased cleaning for open buildings.
- Materials are provided at the cleaning stations to clean your own work surfaces / workstations before and after use. Laboratories have specific cleaning requirements to follow.
- Report any cleaning or estates issues to Estates Helpdesk (e.g. disposable wipes, sanitiser needs refilling) via email@example.com.