Updated 1 November 2021

Working together to stay safe

Please see our guidelines to help us work together to stay safe. This includes guidance on safe distancing and other measures that the University will be implementing to keep us all safe.

Collect your home test kit

Testing kits can be collected from the LUU helpdesk, the Laidlaw, Edward Boyle, Brotherton and Health Sciences libraries.

If you are showing symptoms of COVID-19  you must stay at home and book a free test online or call 119 if without internet access.

If you have symptoms or test positive

You must not attend campus if you have any symptoms or have tested positive.

Let us know if you are self-isolating or have tested positive for coronavirus so we can support you. Read our information and advice on support available if you experience coronavirus symptoms, test positive, or are required to follow government guidance to self-isolate.

Applicants and offer holders

If you’re an applicant or offer holder please visit our coronavirus information FAQs tailored to you. This includes if you’re in the final year of your undergraduate degree but you are applying for a Masters with us. We also have information for postgraduate researcher applicants and offer holders.


University accommodation

For those who live in University accommodation, we’re also taking measures to ensure you feel safe and confident about your home, including the provision of a more frequent and thorough cleaning regime, clear signage and hand sanitiser stations. We have a staggered and contactless arrivals process, effective social distancing measures and a programme of virtual events, so that you’ll be able to meet people and socialise in a safe way. Our experienced accommodation team will also be available to help you, offering advice and support to keep you safe and well.

Private accommodation

If you are moving into private accommodation, LUU has provided a range of advice to help you do this safely. LUU’s Help and Support team are also available to answer any questions you may have about your move.

Students with underlying health conditions

Please see the NHS advice for people at higher risk.

Please make sure you are registered with a local doctor. Most students choose to register with the Leeds Student Medical Practice (LSMP) which is near the University campus.

Find information on how to register with LSMP or alternative local doctors

Please check our student FAQs for more information